How do I change my twelve secret words (seed phrase)?
Your twelve-word seed phrase is used to generate your individual asset wallets. It is linked to your account when you create it. Resetting your seed phrase effectively means resetting your whole account. You will receive a new set of wallet addresses and will lose access to any funds stored in your old account unless you backup your private keys.
If, for whatever reason, you wish to change your account addresses and receive a new seed phrase, we recommend that you first backup your existing private keys. You can do this under “My profile > Accounts”.
You can receive a new seed phrase by following the password reset procedure and specifying that you have lost your twelve-word seed phrase. This will allow you to completely reset your account.
To do this:
- Navigate to nash.io.
- Click on the “Sign in” button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click “Forgotten password?” above the “Password” field.
- Enter your email address and click “Request reset link”.
- We’ll send you an email asking you to confirm your address. If you don’t see an email from us, check your junk/spam folder.
- Click the “Reset password” button in the email. You will be directed to the password reset screen. If your password reset link has expired, repeat step three to request another email.
- On the following screen, click “No, I have lost my secret words.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to request a reset of your seed phrase.