I am unable to log in to my Extension wallet. It says that username and password not stored locally.
Nash is a non-custodial platform. We do not store your credentials. If your local storage is cleared (your cache, for example), then the information in your browser is not preserved.
When you receive the error “Username not stored locally”, you have two options:
- You can log in using your encrypted key and password
- You can recover your account from inside the Nash Extension
For this, you need your username, password and account backup code. After recovery, you can log in to your wallet with your username and password again.
If the issue continues after recovery, or you need to recover your wallet multiple times, please remove the Extension from Chrome and reinstall it. Make sure you have your Nash Extension recovery information at hand (username, password, encrypted key and backup code).
You can reinstall the Extension here.
After you have reinstalled the Extension, please follow this procedure:
- Click on ‘Create Account’.
- Choose a username and password for your new account and click on ‘Create Account’.
- Pick a color and unique word, then click ‘Continue to wallet selection’.
- Select ‘Import an existing wallet’.
- Choose either the ‘Encrypted Key’, ‘Private Key’ or ‘Use Wallet File’ option and follow the on-screen instructions to recover your account.
If you select the 'Encrypted Key' option, please make sure that you enter the password from your old wallet in the ‘Passphrase’ and ‘Confirm Account Password’ fields.
Note: Once you have successfully restored your account, you will need your new password to log in to your account in future. You will no longer need your own password. Keep a copy of your new password, encrypted keys and private key back up code.
You can find a tutorial explaining the whole process here.