I am unable to log in to my Extension wallet. It says that username and password not stored locally.
Nash is a non-custodial platform. We do not store your credentials. If your local storage is cleared (your cache, for example), then the information in your browser is not preserved.
When you receive the error “Username not stored locally”, you have two options:
- You can log in using your encrypted key and password
- You can recover your account from inside the Nash Extension
For this, you need your username, password and account backup code. After recovery, you can log in to your wallet with your username and password again.
If the issue continues after recovery, or you need to recover your wallet multiple times, please remove the Extension from Chrome and reinstall it. Make sure you have your Nash Extension recovery information at hand (username, password, encrypted key and backup code).
You can reinstall the Extension here.
After you have reinstalled the Extension, please follow this procedure:
- Click on "Create Account" and use the same username/password as before
- Choose a color and unique code
- Click on "Import an existing wallet"
- Choose one of the three options to import your wallet data:
- Encrypted key
- Private key
- Import wallet file
After importing your wallet, your funds should be available and your username/password will be stored locally again.
You can find a tutorial explaining the whole process here.