How do I secure my private keys / twelve secret words?
Your private keys are crucial. You never want to reveal your keys to anyone, since they are what gives you control of your assets. See the explanation in our guide here.
Nash generates your private keys using twelve secret words. It is essential to store your twelve secret words offline safely.
- Write down your secret words neatly by hand.
- Print your words on a USB-connected (not network-connected) printer.
- Store this physical copy somewhere safe.
- Screen-grab your secret words. This is not secure.
- Save your words in a text file, even if it’s encrypted.
- Store your words digitally in any way.