How do I reset my password?
If you have forgotten your password, or simply wish to change it, this is possible at any time – providing you have access to your twelve-word seed phrase. This is the twelve-word phrase used to generate your digital asset accounts. You should have made a backup of this phrase when you created your Nash account.
Nash is a non-custodial platform, meaning we do not have control of your funds or any information that would give us such control (i.e. your private key). We hence do not store your password or your twelve-word seed phrase in unencrypted form. Rather, we store an encrypted file that can be used by your computer to access your wallets when you input your password.
Resetting your Nash password means that your words must be re-encrypted using your new password. For this reason, you will be required to re-enter your twelve-word seed phrase.
To set a new password, complete the following steps:
- Navigate to the sign-in screen on our homepage at nash.io.
- Click “Forgotten password?” above the “Password” field.
- Enter your email address and click “Request reset link”.
4. We’ll send you an email asking you to confirm your address. If you don’t see an email from us, check your junk/spam folder.
Click the “Reset password” button in the email. You will be directed to the password reset screen. If your password reset link has expired, repeat step three to request another email.
5. On the following screen, click “Yes, I still have my secret words” to begin the process of resetting your password.
If you no longer have your twelve secret words, unfortunately you will not be able to recover your funds. In this case, we will let you generate a new set of accounts to associate with your email address.
6. When requested to do so, enter your twelve secret words in order.
Nash will check that the public wallet addresses generated by the words you enter match the addresses in our database. This will let us confirm that you have entered your words correctly without gaining access to your private key.
7. On the “Set a new password” screen, enter and confirm your new password, 2FA details (if enabled) and click “Set new password”.
You will now have access to your Nash account with a new password.